If you are looking for a delicious but relatively healthier version of many Easter desserts or snacks, here is one for you! Not only do these taste awesome, but they have the colors of Easter all mixed together.
Time Needed To Cook: Roughly 25 minutes
How Many It Will Make: 10-15 Cheesecake Bars
What You Will Need
Pure Vanilla- 1/2 teaspoon
Cream Cheese(dairy or non-dairy)- 12 oz
Yogurt(Plain or coconut milk yogurt)- 1 cup
Sugar OR Honey OR Maple syrup- 1/4 cup
Sugar- 1 additional tablespoon OR pinch of Raw Stevia
Natural Food Coloring(instruction below)
Cornstarch OR Arrowroot(optional, will make bars firmer)- 2 teaspoon
What To Do
For Natural Food Coloring: Yellow– Turmeric Pink– Beet or Acai powder Green– Spirulina Blue– Blueberries OR you can use regular food coloring of your choosing
1. Turn oven on and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Pour water into a sizable baking pan until it’s about halfway up the side, place on your oven’s lower rack.
3. Line parchment paper on the inside of a baking pan (around 8-inch).
4. Let the cream cheese stay out until it’s around room temperature, and then combine and mix all of the above but the food colorings with a blender until almost smooth. Do not mix too smooth or else there may be air bubbles that could cause the bars to break
5. If you are choosing to add a crust, use a crust that you love or you can use 6 graham crackers(full sheets) with a bit of oil and crush them into the parchment lined pan.
6. Split the blended filling into four small bowls, each with a different color. Put each of the natural food coloring colors into each bowl and swirl.
7. Take a spoon and dollop the different colors in sequence into the lined pan on top of the crust(if you are using crust)
8. Mix the colors together very nicely and gently with a spoon.
9. Put them in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. Turn the heat off of the oven after they are done but do not open the oven for another 8 minutes. This helps them stay together.
10. Set the bars out at room temperature for an hour.
11. Cover bars and put them in the fridge for about 10 hours.
12. Remove them from the fridge, and slice bars into the size of your choosing.
These are a delicious and healthy alternative to many Easter snacks!
Share this awesome recipe with your friends and family! Click SHARE below!