It sounds unreal, but many of the products in your kitchen have purposes that go beyond cooking. In fact, many of them are ideal beauty ingredients.
Baking soda is one such ingredient – it has the power to protect, heal and nourish your facial skin. Baking soda has been used for years to treat various health conditions. And now, it’s being used to benefit the skin, teeth and hair. It’s a natural exfoliate that has the power to alleviate skin irritations.
Baking soda is a powerful antiperspirant without any parabens and aluminum. It’s considered an all-purpose substance that can help the skin. And, people can make their own facial mask by following the simple procedure below:
Mix one and a half tablespoon of baking soda with a tablespoon of cool water to produce a thick concoction. Apply it to the face and allow it to work for 10 minutes. Using warm water, rinse the mixture off and pat dry the area.
· For people with dry skin, don’t use the mask for the entire 10-minute period.
· For people with oily skin, use the mask for longer than 10 minutes. Use a moisturizer afterward.
4 Reasons To Use A Baking Soda Mask
· It’s effective in eliminating blackheads by staving off the infections that lead to them. The mask will relax the skin so blackheads will are easier to remove.
· It’s a natural antibiotic that effectively treats fungal infections that lead to skin blemishes like acne.
· It can relieve the pain that is the result from skin toning.
· It has powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, easing inflammation, opening pores and makes the skin look better. It also keeps the pores from becoming clogged and absorbs the natural oils.
Using natural ingredients is cheap and can be even more effective than standard over the counter medicines and products. As long as they are safe, why not give it a shot?