There are all kinds of benefits to drinking coconut water kefir. It’s got a plethora of electrolytes, minerals, and vitamins. It’s loaded with beta-carotene, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamin, Pantothenic acid, folates and much, much more.
Coconut water kefir has no casein or lactose, making it even healthier than the regular kefir. Consuming coconut water kefir aids in the digestion process and boosts the concentration rate of nutrients. The various benefits it offers include:
· Better vision
· Ease PMS-related symptoms
· Boosts the strength of the immune system
· Aids with hydration
· Helps with digestion
· Good source of dietary minerals
· Eases cravings for sugar-laden foods
· Increases energy levels
There are three ways in which to prepare coconut water kefir – using existing kefir, kefir grains or kefir starter culture. The least expensive method is with kefir grains. How do you make it?
· 5 tbs. water kefir grains
· 7 c. fresh coconut water
· 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
· Pour coconut water into 1/2 gallon jar, adding water kefir grains
· Loosely cover the jar, setting it aside for 48 hours. Any longer could lead to an explosion due to the fermentation process.
· Once fermented, the color gets lighter.
· Once the culturing process is done, the kefir grains float to the top and need to be removed.
You can use these same kefir grains to create another batch.
Check out some of our other great drinks like this natural colon cleanse drink.
Share this with friends and family!