For people who want to lose weight but don’t want to give up food, there are a number of diet foods that allow you to consume a lot of without gaining weight. That doesn’t mean a person can eat all they want without suffering the consequences. There are, however, some low-calorie, high-fiber foods that do enable people to eat a fair amount without gaining weight.
For example, celery is made up of 95% water and can aid in weight loss. Eggplants have a mere 24 calories in them. Popcorn with no butter or sugar is about 30 calories. What are some other foods that you can eat more of without a real problem?
· Algae – This food, which has a great deal of iodine in it, can boost thyroid function and rebalance the hormones.
· Apples and Plums – A small apple contains about 50 calories and can ensure you feel fuller for longer. Plums are loaded with vitamin C and potassium, which can improve heart health.
· Beets – One serving of beets is just 40 calories, but helps with blood sugar regulation, burning fat and boosting muscle strength.
· Broccoli, Cabbage, and Cauliflower – Shredded cabbage – just a serving of it – has just seven calories. A cup of broccoli has 31 calories while a cup of cauliflower has 25 calories, which help with any weight loss effort.
· Citrus Fruits – Tangerines, oranges, and grapefruits are wonderful citrus fruits with a plethora of fiber, flavonoids and vitamin C that can aid with weight loss. These foods make a person feel fuller for longer and help in bettering liver function.
· Cranberries, Currants, and Strawberries – Strawberries help improve heart health and the digestive tract. It also comes with a plethora of nutrients. Currants, when paired with cranberries, are loaded with vitamin C.
· Cucumbers – This vegetable helps protect the body additional body fat, rehydrates the body and can decrease swelling. If consumed up to four hours before bed, it can stave off weight gain that usually results from poor digestion.
· Eggs – Regardless of what people think, eggs doesn’t lead to weight gain and are actually very healthy. Of course, boiled eggs are much better for the body than fried eggs.
· Lettuce Leaf – A single piece of lettuce leaf is three calories and has a plethora of folic acid.
· Melons – These foods – watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc. – are loaded with fiber and aid in eliminating extra bodily fluid. However, a big slice of these can net a minimum of 60 calories.
· Pineapple – This fruit has a high amount of bromelain, which is known to break fat down and aid with digestion.
· Zucchini – This vegetable, which has a mere 42 calories, can re-energize the body, better the function of the intestinal tract and re-balance the body’s electrolytes.
There you have it. Pack more of these in your diet, and watch the pounds melt off. Check out our other article about the foods to keep body alkaline.