This is by far the most delicious and healthy brownies recipe I’ve ever tried. One of the best parts of this is that it incorporates the great vitamin rich vegetable Zucchini. It’s also made without flour, which we all know isn’t really the best for us when we have too much. So with that said get prepared for a paleo, gluten-free, mouth watering brownie recipe that doesn’t even have dairy or grains!
These brownies will serve roughly 9 people.
What Ingredients You’ll Need
- Sea salt – Small dash
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder – 2 Tablespoons
- Eggs – 2 large eggs OR swap out eggs for 2 quantities of egg substitute
- Coconut Oil – 1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons
- Dark Chocolate – 225 grams, chopped rough
- Zucchini – Half of a medium sized Zucchini, grated and drained of water – 1/4 cup
- Arrowroot Powder OR corn starch if not sticking to strict Paleo – 3 Tablespoons
- Coconut Palm Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Chocolate Chips (not required) – 1/2 cup
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch by 8-inch pan with greaseproof paper or aluminum foil, with some extra on the sides so you can easily remove everything. Grease it lightly and set the pan aside.
- Combine your chopped chocolate with coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt together. The mixture should end up very smooth. Add the vanilla extract and lightly mix it in.
- Move this mixture to a sizable mixing bowl and add the eggs, sea salt, and coconut palm sugar and mix until all are completely mixed together. Add in the grated Zucchini, cocoa powder, and arrowroot powder and whisk HEAVILY, to the point the batter is no longer coarse and everything is silky. Top this with chocolate chips if you’re choosing to use them, they aren’t necessary. Transfer this to a lined baking dish.
- Bake brownies for 20-25 minutes, or until the center comes out clean. Don’t overbake these brownies. Remove from the oven and allow them to completely cool in the pan. If possible, once they are cooled, move them to the fridge to chill for optimal texture.
Again, don’t over bake them. The healthy treats may not look completely done, but once they are completely cooled, the brownies will become firm.
These will stay for about 5 days in a refrigerator and are also okay in the freezer in freezer bags or other freezer containers.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”