Your body is an amazing machine, and it’s something you should get to know. Here are 30 interesting facts about your body you may or may not have already known.
· Your nose remembers 50,000 scents.
· Human DNA shares 70% of its DNA with a slug and 98.4% with a chimp.
· Humans are thought to be the only animals to generate emotional tears.
· Your brain works on just 10 watts of power.
· Although your brain processes pain signals, it doesn’t actually feel any pain.
· Each person has their own smell – the exception to this rule is identical twins who have the same smell.
· The nicotine in five cigarettes is enough to kill the average adult if they ingested whole.
· Your body consists of a plethora of iron – enough to create a three-inch long nail.
· Shaking hands transfers more germs than a kiss.
· There are 46 chromosomes in a human; crayfish have 200 chromosomes, and peas have 14.
· One in 20 people have an extra rib in their body, with the majority of those being men.
· You cannot tickle yourself.
· The strongest muscle in your body is the tongue with the jawbone being the hardest bone.
· When you first wake up, you’re taller in the morning. As the day wears on, you’re a centimeter shorter because the cartilage in the bones become compressed.
· Humans will shed around 48 pounds of skin over their lifetime.
· Human teeth cannot repair themselves.
· There are 52 bones in the human foot.
· When your body is too hot, your hearing decreases.
· There are more than 59,000 miles of blood vessels in the body.
· A cough can reach speeds of 60mph whereas a sneeze can reach speeds of 100mph.
· Your mouth will generate enough saliva over time to fill up two swimming pools.
· The human heart can pump blood up to 30 feet.
· After a head has been decapitated, it can stay conscious for 20 seconds afterward.
The body produces enough heat in 30 minutes to bring a half gallon of water to boil.
· A lack of sleep will kill you faster than starvation.
· Each person has a distinctive tongue print.
· One in 2,000 babies have a tooth when they are born.
· 80% of the brain is comprised of water.
· There are two in three people who cannot properly see.